Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let the Sunshine


Hair




Generation X

What gives?  

I remember being a teen when this term first gained notoriety and I was pissed.
I thought to myself ...
who are "they" 
that gets to say that we were without "purpose"
without a "cause"

Was this a self-for-filling prophecy?

Did "they" have it right?

The Internet and the wireless world has given us such connectivity.
Yet, we have not chosen to use this to rally together as a country or planet.
At least not with the viral potential the internet gives us.
Some countries have tapped into this resource for change though.
Take Egypt for example.
Positive props to Facebook and Twitter. 
With so much information at our finger tips, where is the passion?
I am of this generation, 
which makes me part of the problem.

Maybe we might be better dubbed 


Generation Rx


We have been medicated into a state of apathy.

Medicated by: 

TV
Antidepressants
 Food
Political Correctness
Fear
Instant Gratification
&
Consumer Consumption

Maybe we are overwhelmed by all the sh*_! 

"They"

have made of our Mother Earth.

And WE continue to do ...
intentionally or unintentionally.

Most of us are willingly to buy what ever the pusher man is selling....
War, Government, Disease, Education, Corporate Capitalism and Politics.

Economic Hitmen




Most of these institutions are broken and no longer serve the greater good of all.
Yet the machine keeps chugging away.

Capitalism? Epic Fail!




Seriously...
Wake the BLEEP up!
We all have fallen into a Deep Sleep or rather a Coma!

I don't believe that Generation X has no purpose, no drive, no cause...
I believe we Care Deeply...
We just don't know where to start.

For me personally...
I just woke up not to long ago...
and I tend to be a bit grumpy when I first wake up, so bear with me.

I know that I can not beat up on myself over all the things I "should" or "shouldn't" do...
I just need to try to be or do better.

There are so many
"causes"
it is hard to know where to start.

I say...

Keep It Simple

Be Honest




Be Informed


Look for more than a "Single Story"!


Wow...
I really thought I would be painting this morning.

No comments: