Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back from the Mountains

Sunflowers



From sand and sun to mountain top and sunflowers.




Burning off the Mourning Fog






Aint' Nothin But A Hound-dog!





Cooling Off



I believe the benefit was a big success.


Now it is time for some serious family fun!




While We Were In the Neighborhood









Hummmmmm...







"Hey ... Boo-Boo!"



Gotta give Yogi some love before we head back to the homestead.



After we rested from our vacation ...


I got busy tending to the the poor neglected veggie patch. I gave the summer stuff that was still hanging on... some fish luv and some much needed water.


Then I proceeded to get things ready for our fall and winter garden.

I think it is still a bit HOT fer my leafy lettuce and spinach but ...


I did get the beans, beets, carrots, broccoli, radishes and brussel sprouts planted.


Maybe in the next few days I will get the collards and other "greens" in.


We'll see!





Merry Christmas



Why not celebrate all year long!


I finished this pocket-book this morning.







The liner is from some left-over fabric from when I made my daughters,

Wonder Woman costume a couple years ago.


The silver button was a hand-me-down from my Meema.


Another Green Gourd Creation






This Green Gourd, already has a home!

Hmmmm... I wonder where?





Stylin' & Profilin'




No, it isn't for Miss Mary.


But, it did inspire me to make some messenger bags for the school year.


Let's Hit the Beach



Before I left for the hills, I tie-dyed the yoke and trim.


Then finished this cover-up yesterday.



New fer Me


Again, I have found a way to reuse some old fabric.


An old sheet


and the eyelet lace from an old thrift-store curtain.


No comments: