Saturday, April 3, 2010

From Darkness into Light

Carolina Swamp Jasmine



Wisteria




Thyme



Rosemary

Indian Hawthorn


Eucalyptus & Fog



I spent most of the day yesterday, preparing beds, organizing potting tables, cleaning pots, planters and clearing dead debris fr0m all my gardens. I got down right dirty... and I loved EVERY second of it.

It was an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL day.

I started a new worm bin.... yipppie... gotta love those worms!!!!

While doing all this I was keeping a watchful eye on the new peeps and looked for signs of the resurrection of spring.

By the end of the day I was cleaning dirt from under my nails and sporting a new shade of pink on my arms.

To my surprise I found myself pulling on my winter poncho at my daughter's softball practice when an evening cold snap brought in a thick fog and starting a fire in the woodstove when we got home.

This morning on my walkabout I looked for a glimpse of Spring Life while the sun attempted to burn away the lingering fog. I was not dissapointed. These shots are just a few of my many inspirations.

No comments: