Thursday, December 8, 2011

Etsy Favorites 12-08-2011



After a long hiatus,
I am getting back into the blog groove again.


Which means ...


Thursdays are my days to feature pieces from my
"Favorites"
on 


Etsy.com


I share pieces that I personally would love to own
and that inspire me.


So, we will start today's post off with...


Recycled Wool Angora Cashmere Yarn - Artichoke Heart



I have been off the grid for a while
so it doesn't surprise me...
that this "favorite" of mine
SOLD
a LONG time ago.

However 
look, look what is ... 

Still Available


more yummy cashmere artichoke yarn!

You know what I like BEST about this yarn besides the fact that it is my favorite color?

This yarn came from a sweater she picked up at a thrift store, washed and unraveled!
Come on ...
is this not just AWESOME?
I love it!

This is the stuff that makes me all warm and fuzzy!

Patti is also a doll maker, 
please take a look at her shop.

My mother gave me the most hideous looking doll for Christmas 
many years ago.
I will never forget her howling with laughter when I saw it, 
she was ticked to death by this doll.
I was a teenager,
and thought my mom was off her rocker.
I was in my "angry dark" stage
I guess now a days you might call it goth.
It reminded her of me.
I get it now.

I am a big a fan of 
Art Dolls.
These are not dolls for your kids to cuddle up with and tuck into bed.
These are purely
eye candy.

Take a gander at this eye candy.

Rae the Mermaid




Of course Rea in no longer available
However, 
Liz still has 2 dolls left
so please go check out her
shop.
Pretty cool stuff!

cast your eyes on 

Lenora


Lenora is still avaliable, isn't she something?


Elf Coat





by Fairytea


Of course this piece is SOLD


But no worries!

Cat has so much to look at
and every one is made from
Re-purposed 
Thrift Store material. 
I love it!
Her pieces are a bit on the pricey side
however...
So much work goes into each one of these pieces of 
"art" to wear.


Ya'll gotta check her shop out.

The rest of today's blog post is reserved for


La Famiglia/Muintir
Family


Paper Mache Heart Necklace




by: Daisynconcrete


My sister has stepped out of her box.


I don't know which I like better...
the necklace
or
the picture of the necklace?
But, I love them both!
Way to go 
little sista!


Baby Sleeping Bag





Yummy...
If I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom several times a night
I would want one of these for myself.


You don't get to choose your family...
or do you?


Tay is married to my first cousin
however she is 
my sister!


I love her and she always inspires me!


Years of frustration...
I couldn't pick 
up what my mother had tried to teach me.
Finally,
Tay got me KNITTING!


Hat and Scarf Set


Thank you Tay!
 So, this one is my pieces on Etsy.


I gave my new camera a work out yesterday.
(Thank you Ashley)
I took complete advantage of the 
BEAUTIFUL day!
Temperatures in the 70's.
It is hard to believe that it is December.
I went outside and got a lot of those pictures that I have wanted to take for a while.


I was able to get some new items listed on my Etsy shop 

(3) knitted hat and scarf doll sets
and 
renewed several expired listings.


I am thinking I can get the Christmas gourds listed in the next
couple days.


Woo Hoo


It feels good to be back!

No comments: