Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Picture is worth a Thousand Words

Sometimes Even More







I wish it had a date ...


I love how my Meema taped the note that came with this gift to the back of the frame.
I made this for my grand mother when I was in either 3rd or 4th grade.







My grandmother had a bookshelf in her bedroom where she kept many family photos, mostly of her 4 children and 13 grandchildren.


It is funny how your perception of things change over the years.


When I was young I wondered why there weren't really any pictures of me on her shelves. As I grew older I noticed that there still were not many photos of me but there was this Mouse.

It wasn't till I was much older that I began to appreciate the fact that she kept this instead of a photograph of me.


It means even so much more now that she is gone and it has a home in my creative workspace.





Let's Get Busy









All Tucked Away



Just slapped this curtain together to hide some of the more unsightly office supplies that are stored under my work table.

It helps me feel like things are not quite so cluttered.



Afternoon Shade


Using some of the same material as the cubby curtain, I made this longer version for the door. In the late afternoon it can get a bit warm and the sun can be a tad over-saturating. So I made this to block some of that late day glare.


Let the Sunshine In



However one of the things that I LOVE most about my studio is how much light it gets. Even though it is small, it feels very open and bright. I cut out enough fabric to make two panels, however I think I like it better with only the one and the tie back.




Patchwork Pocket




This is one of the "Done " pockets for a chore chart that I am making.



Daily & Weekly Chores



These pockets are two more of the "Done" pockets for the chore chart.


It is almost finished.






Mia's & Felicity's Mattress




I used an old set of my daughter's twin sheets to make this mattress for Mary's dolls bed.



Just finished stuffing... unfortunately I cannot say that this is organic or even all natural. However, I can say that I used recycled poly-fill and re-purposed fabric.





Pillows





Time for a Snooze




Comfort Zone


Looks comfy huh?

No comments: