Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Leasure Saturday Morning

It is the first morning that we did not have to jump out of bed and have some place to be. Of course I wasn't quiet sure what to do with myself...





so I fumbled around for a little while then committed to making a pot of coffee, grabbed my camera, went on a walkabout and then decided to go into my veggie patch and do some reading. Now there is something I don't get to do as often as I would like.










St. Francis
























The new lattice work we put up sure makes those roses POP... I love it!




Nasturtium









My Little Chickadee


I love this birdhouse!


I had a painting project to work on when Mary was very young and I knew she wasn't going to let me get it finished if she didn't have something "important" to do. So, I went back to the shop and found as many scrap pieces of wood and an old shingle. And the only thing I could find at the time was and old hand drill (ya know the kind... no electric ... just hand crank) to make an entry way. It was so funny. At the time I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen... craftsmanship that is.


Up til that time we had hung many fancy store bought and handmade birdhouses to bring birds to nest on our property... but no luck for years. However, as soon as we hung this rickety, leaky, non conventional birdhouse... we had a young chickadee move in within a days time.


Amazing...


And they come back every year!
And so do many other types of birds. Now everytime I put out a new birdhouse out, I get a new family of birds. Plus they make thier own.




Maters



Apple Gourds



These poor fellas are taking a beating from my chickens. Ugggh... they have dug them up twice now and I have replanted new seedlings . I have put this up for now in hopes to give them a chance to take root and get established. It certainly isn't the prettiest thing in the world but it will serve it's purpose.




More Apple Gourds




The chickens don't seem to want to mess with these guys for now, I better give them some protection as well before they fall victim as well.







My new toy




Yippie!!

My new cordless Dremel came in. I got to pull it out for a little while yesterday to play.


I couldn't even wait to get a full charge on the thing before I started playing. So, I didn't get as much play time as I would have liked but it sure has been fully charged and is ready to go now. I can't wait.



My "Burly" Brother

My brother Michael ... who celebrated his birthday yesterday, made this piece for me, the stand and all. It is a beautiful piece of burl wood... I am not exactly sure what kind of burl it is... oak, ash or what??? But what I do know is that, it is absolutely beautiful. It has made a home in my newly remodeled bedroom.
Thank you brother Mike...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!



No comments: