Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Priority Mail



This is where I keep some of my hand tools and yard supplies.


After I took this picture I left and ran a few errands. When I came home I notice a couple of wren raising Cain on top of the mailbox.


Then it dawned on me...


Yikes!

Needless to say they have abandoned the nest. However they wanted to make sure I was fully aware of the inconvenience.







Colington Live Oak


I LOVE these trees! They have weathered so much.
I took this shot when we went to pick up one of my Mary's friends, after they went swimming in the creek.

Jasmine



This is growing up the side of our outdoor bathroom.



A Gift from Mary



Mary made this for me at one of her Girl Scout meetings.



A Gift from Bill



Some folks may not be too thrilled with this Mother's Day gift. But, this Mom is! Even though it isn't the super-sized umbrella clothesline that he PROMISES he will make for me, It is an improvement from the dangling remainders of several rope lines from days gone by. And check out the fancy pulley... washday goes uptown.


60 More Down, only 143 Left to Go





Bill and I worked on this together on Mother's Day. I can't even begin to say how much stress this fence will take away from my everyday life... the dogs are MIA... again. I might as well change their names to Harry and Mindfreak... I apologize if you are not familiar with these references to escape artists.



Relaxation, Meditation & Inspiration

This is definitely one of the most visited spaces in my yard.




Before






After



Do you see the curb appeal?


This is one of the birdhouses I painted in 2008.





I hung it up this spring and it has already gotten it's first residents.



If you only like to look at the pictures you can stop here.




OK... so I started a post a few days ago and I couldn't finished it.







I was struggling the day I started it because I had kept myself busy all day doing these things that are not fun to blog about, take pictures of or show to another human being and say... "LOOK WHAT I HAVE DONE, See... what I do IS important."


As if ...


When I thought ... who am I doing this for?




Am I blogging for me or do I have ulterior motives?




Do I want others to read this? Sure I do... do I want people to like what I say and do... of course... but is that my "purpose" for doing this?






Think Debbie,



...be honest...

No!




Old habits die hard, but this IS, ABSOLUTELY...



for me.





Reintroducing myself to me is one of the objectives...

One of my biggest struggles with starting Green Gourd Creations was simply putting "myself" out there.




Then I tried to create things that I thought I could sell, instead of making things that I was inspired to create. I tried to come up with something that I could make in quantity along with making in a reasonable amount of time. Sounded very business like of me, and it made sense at first. The only thing was... it wasn't comfortable. No wonder I found it difficult to motivate. I wasn't inspired. It felt like a lie. Like I was trying to sell an illusion of myself, a cheap knock off.


So, who am I? What do I "do"?


That is what I am trying to discover... It's exciting, it's frightening, it's ... ME! I want to know the evolved Debbie. I want to see who I have been, who I was born to be and who I am becoming.



Did I do every piece I have sold?

YES!

Do I want to give the money back?

NO!

I want to create because I am inspired to...


not because I "should"

but because I am not a whole person if I do not nurture the creative person that I am.


As an "artist", I will probably never be able to look at something I have created and " love it" or see past its multitudes of flaws and misspelled words. However, I should be able to look at a piece and say... "that's me, I did that"... It should reflect who I am or how I feel.




So here I am...



with my pants down and fully exposed...



the authentic me...



my blog...









No comments: