Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sometimes You Must Walk Before You Can Dance

OK
so this post is a little late!
I wrote this, then had some computer issues and didn't get a chance to post it.
Then...
"Out of sight, out of mind"

But I guess the old saying goes...
"Better Late Than never!"

Soulshine

This is the reason I get out of bed every morning!

Look at that beautiful smile.

Surprise!


Not to long ago the mail lady dropped off a package for me
in an Amazon box.
I had just ordered several used books from Amazon and
I was a little surprised that they had arrived so quickly.

However, I was even more surprised when I opened it 
and didn't find a book at all
but...
a DVD case with a CD inside.

My little sister had sent me a CD full of some awesome music.
It is just what the doctor ordered!

I am so blessed to have the best sister in the world!



I have to say that I forget sometimes what an important part music plays in my life.

Thank you for the reminder Ginny!

Baby Alpaca



I just finished this purse last week.
Made out of some Baby Alpaca yarn.
It is so yummy and soft.
I just need to attach a button and decide what kind of liner to put inside.
Was thinking about a Green Gourd original fabric 
or a recycled piece of fabric.
Hmmmm...
decisions, decisions?

In the Meantime


I enlisted my daughter, Mary's help 
and we started to make some hand bags from recycled horse feed sacks.
Mary washed and cut the bags, 
while I started piecing them together.
We make quite the team.



One Down...


and a whole bunch to go.

We gave this one a test run yesterday and it held up GREAT!

Babysitting Pays Well


these days.

Dang...
back when I use to babysit at her age, I was lucky if I brought home $3-5 per hour.
And I was happy with the spending money to.
But this little lady was bubbling over when she came home Friday night 
sporting 2 Adult tickets to the 
1st annual Outer Banks Bluegrass Festival.
She was given the option to choose between 
the cash or tickets 
and she gladly chose the tickets.

We got there a little late but just in time to see her favorite of the day...

The Sleepy Man Banjo Boys

Oh my...
Mary is officially 
"in LOVE!"

10 year old Johnny on the banjo
13 year old Robbie on the fiddle
and 14 year old Tommy on the guitar

Lawdy... these Mizzone brothers can play.

Hillbilly Gypsies


These guys were my 2nd Favorite of the show!
I would LOVE to see them again!
I especially liked that fiddle player, he had an awesome stage presence.
I loved their energy.

Nothin' Fancy


These Virginia boys had some great harmony.

Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver


Now this was the show stopper for me!






Rhonda Vincent and the Rage



Rhonda Vincent and the Rage closed the evening with one of favorite tunes...

Jolene





I did forget our sunscreen, 
who would have thought we would need it in October.
 But all in all it was an AWESOME day of music 
for the whole family!

I had to sport my cane
but it was well worth the pain.

I can sometimes get a little down on where I am at the moment... 
and forget that I am exactly where I need to be.

I need to remember to simply let go and remember that
Sometimes...
I must walk before I can dance!

No comments: